Posted by: Admin
ReadingGroupGuides has published the results of its 2009 Reader Survey, which was conducted in March and April. The 62-question survey was completed by more than 6,000 members of book groups. Here are some highlights:
- Most popular place to meet: members’ homes, on a rotating basis
- Most common numbers of members in a group: 5-9
- Most common way of selecting books to read: group vote
- Most used resource for identifying possible books: recommendations from friends.
- Most popular category of book: bestsellers, followed closely by general fiction, then award winners.
- Most frequently used media source to learn about books: local newspapers, followed closely by the New York Times.
- Most frequently visited Web site to learn about books: Amazon
- Most common book group complaint: the discussion does not stay on track.